This 1954 ranch home was purchased from the original builder and owner and renovated by Alan Jones. The home, located on a south facing slope in Portland’s Hillsdale neighborhood, features commanding views of the Tualatin Valley and seasonal views of Mt. Hood. Renovations respected the building’s original envelope, while opening up more of the interior to the site’s views. Walls were removed around the small kitchen to connect it to the open floor plan, and finishes were replaced throughout. The updated kitchen cabinets use mahogany, taking cues from the home’s original paneling.